In order to diversify its business, the Company actively
develops additional services rendered to its clients apart
from core operations of power transmission and grid
Additional design, construction, maintenance and
overhaul services for the energy facilities allow the
Company to make the most of its resources and
experience and to obtain extra income as these services
are provided on a fully commercial basis and are not
subject to regulation as far as the tariffs are concerned.
The key additional services IDGC of Centre provides are:
- Maintenance and development of outdoor lighting networks;
- Service and repair of power grids and electrical equipment;
- Overhaul of power grids according to the customer’s requests;
- Provision of technical resources
- Equipment testing and diagnostics;
- Installation and repair of metering devices;
- Energy audit and services;
- Design and construction of energy and other facilities.
- Performance of the work belonging to the responsibility of customers when carrying out grid connection.
Increase in number of requests for additional services in 2013
The successful development of these operations is confirmed by a growing number of customer requests year by year: the record 187,000 requests were made in 2013, which is 160% higher than the figure of 2012.
Increase in revenue from other activities in 2013
The growth in the number of customer requests allows the Company to increase the income from rendering additional services. The revenues from other operations in 2013 amounted to 858.1 mln RUB, which reflected a 17.2% growth vs. 2012.
THE COMPANY TOOK THE FOLLOWING MEASURES IN ORDER TO FACILITATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND INCREASE THE INCOME ON THEM:
|Measures in 2013||Result|
|Active promotion of services, in particular, through the relevant section on the Company’s website.||The number of requests grew by over 34,000.|
|A new ‘turnkey’ service of fulfilling all procedures belonging to the customer’s responsibility and aiming at ensuring grid connection was introduced.||The revenue brought by the service of fulfilling all procedures belonging to the costumer’s responsibility and aiming at ensuring grid connection, grew by 5.4 mln RUB vs. 2012.|
|Simplification of contractual work with the customers.||The time necessary to draw up a contract was reduced on average by 15 minutes.|
|Engagement of contracting companies to the fulfillment of contracts for additional services.||With the load on employees reduced, the operating capacities of the Company grew. The revenues from additional services grew by 18.9 mln RUB vs. 2012.|
|Introduction of discounts for certain customer groups.||The number of requests from the customers grew by 11,500 vs. 2012.|
|Entry into the Sberbank AST electronic trading platform as a contractor of municipal orders.||The revenues from overhaul and maintenance services grew by 33.6 mln RUB.|
The Company is planning to take the following measures in 2014 to develop the additional services further:
- To continue the development of the contracting scheme of fulfilling obligations under the additional service contracts.
- To introduce standard technological charts/technological solutions. This measure will allow the Company to unify approaches to rendering additional services on all territories where such services are rendered and make the Company’s services more available and transparent to the customers.
- To research the market of the service of installation and replacement of metering devices and subsequently enter the market of installation and replacement of metering devices in appartment blocks.
- To expand the services market of construction and reconstruction of the outdoor lighting systems by using the software set to calculate the energy efficient outdoor lighting systems developed within the R&D program.