Information Technology and Telecommunications
- A new Unified Technical Policy within the Power Grid Complex has been approved.
- The IDGC of Centre Innovative Development Program for 2013–2018 approved by the Board of Directors is being implemented.
- IDGC of Centre is adopting a new IT strategy approved by the Board of Directors.
Unified Technical Policy within the Power Grid Complex
In December 2013, the Board of Directors of IDGC of Centre approved the Regulations on the Unified Technical Policy within the Power Grid Complex, which replaced the Company’s technical policy developed in 2010.
The approved technical policy defines a system of interconnected technical requirements supplementing the current statutory documents. It draws the Company’s attention to the most advanced technical solutions, sets the list and limits of application of technical solutions, equipment and technologies aimed at increasing the technical level of transmission, conversion and distribution of electrical energy and the processes of management, operation and development of the IDGC of Centre power grid complex.
The IDGC of Centre technical policy pursues the following principal goals:
- To automate substations, implement and develop modern systems for controlling the technical condition, automatic diagnostics and monitoring of the technological equipment, relay protection systems and emergency automation, communication systems, utility systems, systems of commercial and technical power metering; to switch to creating digital substations without ongoing presence of operators.
- To reduce capital investment and operating costs on facilities by the following measures: optimizing technical solutions while preparing design documentation, using modern equipment and building structures, and reducing areas occupied by the power grid infrastructure.
- To increase energy efficiency of the technology, equipment, materials and systems used; to prepare an energy conservation program and to reduce technological losses of electrical energy in power grids.
- To overcome the tendency of the fixed assets relating to power grids and grid equipment to obsolescence by upgrading them, optimizing work aimed at their reconstruction and retrofitting, and by using equipment with an extended life cycle.
- To improve the technologies of operation, maintenance and repair; to make provision for professional training of operators and repairmen taking into account the implementation of new technology and innovative equipment.
- To increase performance efficiency and develop a system of diagnostics, using the results of the latter in the algorithms of operation of the automatic systems of performance and emergency control.
- To develop the structure of operating and technological facility control, and to ensure the participation of flexible grid infrastructure elements and power consumers in the process of controlling the modes of operation.
- To develop information and telecommunications infrastructure, to increase the level of power grid observability and the quality of data exchange with JCS SO UES and other electrical energy wholesale and retail market participants.
- To minimize adverse environmental effects caused by new construction, reconstruction, operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- To encourage the production of innovative equipment, modern building structures and the development of R&D in the Russian Federation.